Friday, July 9, 2010

Our stay at Salish Lodge and Spa

On Friday June 25th, we went to the Salish Lodge and Spa in Snoqualmie, Washington.
We went there to celebrate our 1 year wedding anniversary, which is actually July 11th, so this was 2 weeks early.
I found us a really good deal on a 1 night stay, 2 mini massages and breakfast for two. The reason we went early is we had to use it by June 30th. But it really wasn't a big deal to either of us.

We arrived at 4:00pm and checked in. Our room was nicer than the last time we stayed, but slightly smaller. This time we were on the river side and that was great aside from the fact that there was construction on the falls.

We both had appointments for 25min massages right away so we unpacked some of our stuff, changed and went over to the spa. Last time we were there we didn't have the opportunity to visit the spa area. There were two nice soaking pools, a dry sauna and steam room. I only went in the soaking pool while I was waiting for Ryan to get done with his massage. He did check out the steam room though and said it was intense. Both of us enjoyed our massages and I really felt like the lasted longer than 25 min.

After our spa time, we went to dinner at a little restaurant in North Bend called Boxley's. I had been searching online for somewhere good to eat dinner Friday night and this place had great reviews, great menu and good prices. It did not disappoint. The food was great, there was live jazz music playing which was fun and the staff were all really nice. We'll definitely go there again even thought it's all the way in North Bend. I loved it. If you're ever in the area, check it out!

We wandered around the old trains in Snoqualmie for a bit after dinner. There were some really neat trains. It was too early to go back to the hotel. When we were done we headed back and Ryan made us a fire in the fireplace. Even though it's summer, it was totally fun and relaxing. We ended up going to sleep by fire light.

Saturday morning we had breakfast in The Dining Room. Ryan had the Country Breakfast which is something like 4 courses of delicious goodness. He had pastries, oatmeal, fresh fruit and finally eggs, bacon and a biscuit. It was too much food for him even with me helping a little bit. I had the French Toast which wasn't quite as amazing as the waffles we had last time, but still very good. All in all, our breakfast was wonderful. Yum.

As a side note, they asked me to fill out a survey after our stay to rate it. I had a couple things I was annoyed about and mentioned them in the survey. I received an email today from someone at the lodge with apologies and it sounds like we are going to get a complimentary breakfast. Wow. I wasn't even mean, but hey, free amazing food? That's awesome.


Entering our room




Yummy cheese plate that was waiting for us! So fun!

Mini bar area, we didn't eat any of the cool stuff. WAY too expensive.


Being Silly

Lounging


Our View and the annoying construction

These little birds, I think they are swallows, were flying around all over outside. Ryan took the screen off the window to get a better photo and they started flying so close to him they almost hit him.

Ryan took a photo from outside. He said he was trying to be like paparazzi.

Wandering the trains in Snoqualmie after dinner.


Giant log that was cut down in the area a long time ago



:)

3 comments:

Emily Marie said...

Looks like a fantastic stay, now I wanna go! :) Thanks for all the updates lately, I've had fun reading your blog.

Amber said...

Love the pics. Looks so relaxing, especially that huge luxurious bed! :) Happy anniversary to you guys!

Kelsey Morris said...

I hope one day my Ryan takes me there :)