Wednesday, September 22, 2010

...and then it was Fall.

I didn't know Fall had officially started today till about 3 min ago when I searched it.
It was cold enough this morning for me to believe it. 49° when I left my house at 5am.

So on Monday I drove in to work so I could get home early, it was a nice treat not riding the bus.
On Monday afternoon there was a large warehouse fire in South Seattle(where I work) at an old Sunny Jim peanut butter plant.
You could see the smoke for miles. As soon as I got on the highway, I discovered that the fire was REALLY big and the smoke was wafting over the highway and holding up traffic.
So of course I had to get some pics with my phone. We were only going about 35mph and I was just holding my phone up and clicking(being semi safe).
It was a bit scary. I rolled up all the windows and turned off the air and made sure it was on recirculate. The smoke was really heavy and actually made my eyes sting. It was super intense driving through it.
Even after I made it past the blazing fire, the smoke still lingered in between the two hills in Seattle. It was gross looking and smelling.

Going north, Seattle skyline on the left side of the photo.

Just about to the fire.

You can just see the big fire hose in the air spraying water above the concrete barrier of the highway.



NightOwlCrafting
1. What is your Zodiac sign?
Gemini. I think for the most part it's very fitting. I tend to flit from thing to thing and I can also change my mind quickly.
Some typical traits we're said to have:
Adaptable and versatile
Communicative and witty
Intellectual and eloquent
Youthful and lively
Nervous and tense
Superficial and inconsistent
Cunning and inquisitive

2. Name 3 things that are always in your purse besides your wallet.
Chapstick, phone, keys

3. Which magazines do you look at the most?
I enjoy some 4x4 and car, specifically Subaru magazines, but I am more of a book person.

4. Do you pluck or get your eyebrows waxed?
Once and a while if I have a stray hair I will pluck it but I don't on a regular basis. When I was in elementary school, another girl accused me of plucking my eyebrows. I was shocked because I never had and it made me self conscious for a while. Now I am thankful for manageable brows.

5. How often do you go grocery shopping?
Not very. We usually only go to the store every few weeks. I want to start going more often though. I want to get more fresh fruits, veggies and meats in my diet. We tend to eat a bit too much processed food, even though it's semi healthy stuff.





5 comments:

Leslie said...

I wish I didn't have to do too much with my eyebrows! I also wish I didn't go to the grocery store as often as a do! Thanks for linking up to Hoo are you so I can get to know you better!

Meg O. said...

WOW!! 49 degrees?! Man, I would definitely love to trade with you right about now. How does 90 degrees sound??? Yeah... miserable. Seattle looks so pretty!

Meg O. said...

P.S. that smoke is scary!

Kimberly @ Bookmark To Blog said...

Wow, that smoke is scary! I'm jealous of your manageable eyebrows.

Jenny DB said...

WOW scary pics! I was actually in denver for this but read about it on seattletimes.com - glad no one was hurt but there was some speculation it was arson b/c they do a needle exchange there. wonder if anything more came of that...