Thursday, August 12, 2010

Thursday Randoms

I've had a sort of "blogger's block" this week. I don't feel like I have anything interesting to say and I haven't had the time to take any neat photos. Not to mention, I don't want to post total junk because I'm only 2 posts away from my 100th post(1 after this one). I'd like my 100th post to be more interesting.

So I've just been mentally compiling random things/thoughts this week.

1. This is the highlight of my week. I was able to do my first ever in my whole life pull up yesterday night. 6 months ago the idea of being able to do a pull up wasn't even a possibility and the thought never crossed my mind. I'm so excited about this. I have always had poor upper body strength so this is a huge deal to me. Hopefully I'll be able to do some more tonight. This is one of the many reasons that I love CrossFit and am so obsessed with it.

2. Ryan and his dad are being taken to lunch today by Cadman Concrete Co. Um.... how cool is that? They're a pretty big company/big deal so I'm impressed. I asked Ryan why they're taking them to lunch and Ryan just said it's because his dad and him are awesome. I was kinda hoping for a better explanation than that, but it works. :)

3. A guy I work with suggested the yummiest sounding thing today. French toast made with flavored coffee creamer instead of milk!!! Can you imagine? Southern Butter Pecan french toast... Pumpkin Pie Spice french toast.... Cinnamon Creme french toast... Drooling yet? There are waaaaay to many delicious sounding flavors. I'm totally going to try this. Soon.

4. We picked out a new color for our house and new shop yesterday. Ryan and his dad are hoping to have it painted by this weekend. I'm super excited. I'm not going to say the color so it's more fun when I post pics later. All I know is its going to look way better than before.

5. Last November we went to the ocean with our friends Ryan and Kelsey. It was fun. Because it was fall and really cold, it wasn't crowded and it was fun being in the stormy weather. Anyways, while we were driving around checking stuff out we came upon this little town called Seabrook that had just popped up in recent years. I guess it would be sort of a resort town. Meaning, it was built with the intention for people to rent out their little homes to vacationers. We ate dinner at the little restaurant in town and drove around it a little bit. It was a really neat place.
We decided that maybe we'd make our fall trip to the ocean a yearly tradition and this year stay in one of the cabin/houses. They range in price from $99 a night for a smallish but very cute place to huge mansions that sleep 20 people for $700 a night.
We're really excited and aiming for October 8th, 9th and 10th. We are hoping to have another couple come with us this year to split the costs and more the merrier. The one we're looking to stay in is called Shifting Gears. It sleeps 8 people, has 3 bedrooms and a hot tub too. All of the little cottages, as they call them, are very cute and would be super fun to stay in. I'm hoping I'll have it all reserved in the next couple days.

Last, I will leave you with some photos of places I'd rather be right now. :)


Grand Teton NP, Wyoming.


Moraine Lake in Banff NP, Alberta








5 comments:

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Way to go girl with the pullups - absolutely an amazing feeling!! Hard work pays off ... Are you now unassisted or you getting the hang of it with a band now?! Either way .... Woohoo!!

Meg O. said...

OMG congrats on the pull up! That's honestly an accomplishment!!!!

Jami Balmet said...

I love random posts like this! It always lets us readers glimpse a little more into your life :)

Jenny DB said...

I don't know exactly how i found your blog or how it made it's why into my reader.. but i saw 'pullup' and 'crossfit' and it caught my attention. Good for you girl! THat rocks.. oh and now i see kels is a follower also and hse is the one who introduced me to CF SO I LOVE HER. anyway, looking forward to seeing more from you.. and LOVE YOur blogbackground.. so pretty!!!

Vivianne's Vista said...

Yaaayyy on the pullup! Pretty soon you will be kicking butt (if you don't already!) I love the idea of a coffee creamer on french toast. Sounds heavenly. Of course mine will have to have some chocolate in it.