I don't usually notice it get light out because my desk faces away from the window, but I was surprised when I turned around and it was black. Ugh. Gross. Plus, it's rainy.
What a start to November.
Speaking of, wow.
October sure flew by.
I think this crappy weather and shorter days have made me unmotivated about my blog. Or maybe the fact that I have a bunch of photos to go through, which will take forever, is making me lazy.
I HAVE had the time to blog, I just haven't wanted to. Maybe a break will have helped and I'll be able to get it going again soon.
So, in other news, here's what's new in my life:
- The garage is close to being done. The final wall is being finished today. All that is left is inside stuff, eg: wiring, insulating, sheet rock.
- I had been thinking about it for a while, but finally made up my mind, and I am going back to school in January. I registered last week at Lake Washington Technical College. I am going for an Accounting Assistant cert. It's only 7 classes, but I will be working full time during. I'm only planning to take one class a quarter so I don't burn myself out. I'm excited and not excited about it. I already feel like I don't have enough hours in the day, but it will be good for my career and life. On a related note, I kicked butt on the placement test. :D I got 100% in reading and writing and got placed into Math 90(algebra), which is awesome since I've done little to no math since HS 7 years ago.
- Work is good. Nothing new really. My boss is very supportive of me going back to school though. They are willing to work around class schedules if in the future I can't get evening classes. That is great for me and I appreciate it a lot. The main reason I am going to school is to make myself more valuable to my company.
- We only had 1 Trick or Treater last night. It was sad. Ryan gave her 2 full size candy bars. :)
- I went to Bath and Body works on Saturday with Ryan(who by the way, is one of my favorite shopping companions. He's great!) because I had a coupon for a free travel size. I was utterly disappointed to find that they are no longer making my FAVE scent! Two Christmases ago, Ryan's mom gave me a lotion from there called Vanilla Noir. I LOVED IT. I bought more after I used it up and every time I went in they still had it so I thought it was going to stick around. Well the good news is they had it online still! I just ordered 4 bottles so now I wont run out! Yay!
- We're getting a home phone for the first time since we've had our house. We've never needed/wanted one, but it's one of those situations where it is going to make our cable and internet cheaper. So weird how that works.
- So best for last. I cut my hair!!! :D It's the shortest it's been since I was about 9 years old, just below my chin. I love it though. It's super cute and soooo much easier. Ryan really likes it too. The photos are from Saturday night, my attempt at dressing up for Halloween, hence the darkish makeup and one from my phone right after I got it done. :)
I was also tagged in a Q&A by the wonderful Amber at A Day In The Life Of Amber.
Here are my answers. I'm too lazy to tag anyone back at the moment. :P1. What is your favorite dessert?
Creme Brulee would be my first thought. I'll stick with that.
2. Ever tried to cook something and failed miserably?
Not miserably, but I have failed. It helps me learn though!
3. Is there a dish you haven't made yet but really want to?
Hmm.... Not really. Making bread for the first time from scratch was a huge deal for me though. I was really excited about it.
4. What is your favorite food?
Oh geeze. I love tortellini. I love sushi. I'd say sushi is the front runner currently. I never get sick of it.
5. What is your least favorite food?
Fried junk or anything with horse radish... Bleh.
6. Do you have any seasonal meals you like?
Not really. I'm a total weirdo and don't really enjoy thanksgiving foods.
7. What's your comfort food?
Mac and cheese with broccoli and turkey hot dogs.
8. Chocolate: milk, dark or white?
I really like dark chocolate stuff. Plus, I can pretend it has some health value which makes me feel better. :)