Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Wedding Season?


I remember at this time last year I was starting to gear up for one of the most exciting and important moments of my life. Getting all the last details set in stone. About to have a bridal shower. It was a fun time in my life.

After our wedding and during the planning phase I found myself thinking I wanted to go to other people's weddings. I wanted to experience it from the other side.

You see, I've never really been to any weddings. I was a flower girl for my aunt when I was 5, which I barely remember. There were a couple other wedding type things over the years, but nothing that really has stuck with me.

This summer we have three weddings we've been invited to. One this weekend, one in July and one in August. I guess for some people that doesn't seem like a lot. But it is to me.

I'm excited and apprehensive at the same time. Apprehensive because I'm afraid I'll get some wedding jealously. Yes, I am aware of how petty that sounds, but I can't help it. Don't get me wrong, I loved my wedding. But there are a couple things I would have done differently, but money was tight. The three weddings we are going to this summer will be far more elaborate than ours was and sometimes it makes me kind of sad. But when I feel this way, I try to remind myself that ours may not have been super expensive and fancy, we may have taken short cuts, but when it comes down to things Ryan and I have an amazing relationship and marriage. We got married for all the right reasons and are still amazingly happy and in love. And I did have the most perfect dress ever. :)

Plus, with all these weddings coming up, I have the opportunity to wear some cute dresses and shoes and get all fancied up, which is always a treat.

Speaking of, I had my eye on some teal Steve Madden pumps that I saw at Macy's Memorial Day weekend. Well, last weekend I went back and tried them on and fell in love. Amazing and on sale! They are bright(more so than in the photo), fun, cute and so comfortable (2 3/4" heel). They'll get some wear this summer (and after) for sure! They are the Ulltra pump, in case anyone is curious.


No comments: