Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Simple things excite me.

Sometimes, there are things in life which are just so amazing you can't believe someone didn't think of it sooner.

I love bagels. They are a frequent addition to my lunch routine. Basically, I eat them 3-4 times a week. Yum. The downside to this is bagels aren't really all that great for you. Sure, I get the whole wheat variety but those suckers still have somewhere around 240 + calories. Which when you add cream cheese(low fat) and turkey, it all adds up.

Well on Monday Ryan are I were doing some grocery shopping and low and behold, what's this on the shelf?
Bagel Thins. (cue heavenly music)
Made by the Thomas brand: http://thomasbagelthins.com/
They are bagels, but half the thickness and half the calories! What a great idea. You still get the bagely taste and texture and they aren't as bad for you.
Usually I only buy things which are on sale, but I HAD to try these. I was so excited.

So wondering what the verdict is on these?
I am in love! They're delicious and you don't feel like you're missing out on any of the bagel goodness. I hope they keep making these because I plan on eating these forever. Or until I get sick of bagels which usually happens every 4-5 months (but then I start eating them again shortly after).



2 comments:

Tatum-LeTard said...

Thanks to a discovery in my parent's pantry, I now LOVE the bagel thins! They also have flat breads as well for sandwiches. Loving this post and so glad I ran across your blog! Happy Thursday!

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

My aunt was totally showing me those over Memorial Day weekend. They're awesome!