Tuesday, June 8, 2010

It begins!

On Memorial Day weekend, Ryan and his dad started the shop/garage. This is something Ryan has been waiting to do for a long time. One of the reasons we bought our house is because there is room to build a garage. So after permits, planning, plans and saving money, it's finally started.
A tree needed to be removed and the hillside behind needed to be dug out to make room. Ryan rented a bobcat and had fun playing and digging with it. He also used it to dig the big holes that the posts would go in.
Much more progress to come later. It's all very exciting and I can't wait for it to be done.


Taking down the tree. It wasn't very nice looking and was starting to rot.

Starting to dig with the bobcat.



Our yard full of dirt.

Once the hillside was dug out, there was a surprising amount of space.

Cutting our driveway concrete for one of the posts.

This hole is misleading. It's almost 5 feet deep. Kinda freaked me out. I also let Ryan know that I expected him to check all the holes every morning to make sure no bunnies had fallen in. We have bunnies in our yard and that would have been horrible.


Putting in the posts.
Now the posts are ready for concrete.

1 comment:

Shayna said...

Congratulations on starting construction! I've always wanted to play with one of those Bobcats... this actually makes me a teensy bit sad I live in a townhouse which will not give me that opportunity! ;-)