Thursday, April 22, 2010

Pioneer Woman book signing.

I'm sure you've heard me mention Pioneerwoman.com at some point. I love her blog. She has great photography tips and delicious recipes.

Well, I found out she was coming to Seattle(aka, Lake Forest Park) for her cook book. Excited!


Now, I unfortunately fell asleep on my couch for a couple hours and woke up after the signing had already started. I was bummed. But, we decided to head over to Third Place Books anyways to see how long it was going to go on.

Apparently, they were giving out "tickets" to each person and you waited until the letter on your ticket got called to get your book signed. When we got there, they were on letter C and we ended up getting letter J. Ryan and I had a long wait ahead of us.

To make a boring long story short, we went back to the bookstore at 9:15pm and didn't get my book signed until around 10pm. I was tired. We were pretty much the last group to go. We met some nice people in line and chatted for a bit, which made the wait go a little faster.

Finally, I met Ree, she signed my book and I got a quick photo. She gets a lot of points in my book for sitting there for 5 hours so EVERYONE could get their book signed. You rock Ree!

We promptly returned home and fell asleep on the couch.

2 comments:

Whitney said...

how exciting! i totally wish i could have gone with you. i love her photography tips.

ps. your coat is cute!

Jessica - The Novice Chef said...

HOW FUN!! :-D